The Executive Committee
The executive committee is:
- The principal committee of the council of the Mhlontlo local municipality
- The committee of the Mhlontlo municipal council which receives reports from other committees of the council and forwards these reports together with its recommendations to the council when it cannot dispose of the matter in terms of its delegated powers.
The executive committee must:
- identify the needs of the Mhlontlo local municipality;
- review and evaluate those needs in order of priority;
- recommend to the municipal council strategies, programmes and services to address priority needs through the integrated development plan and estimates of revenue and expenditure, taking into account any applicable national and provincial development plans; and
- recommend or determine the best methods, including partnership and other approaches, to deliver those strategies, programmes and services to the maximum benefit of the community.
- evaluate progress against the key performance indicators;
Review the performance of the municipality in order to improve :
- the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of the municipality;
- the efficiency of credit control and revenue and debt collection services; and
- the implementation of the municipality’s by-laws;
Monitor the management of the municipality’s administration in accordance with the policy directions of the municipal council;
Ensure that regard is given to public views and report on the effect of consultation on the decision of the council.
Oversee the provision of services to communities in the municipality in a sustainable manner