Budget and Treasury Office
The Budget and Treasury Office is headed by the Chief Financial Officer Mrs Nomaphelo Boti and is responsible for providing financial services for the municipality including performing the budget, revenue collection, accounting analysis, financial reporting, cash management, debt management, asset management, accounts payable, expenditure functions and supply chain management.
Management of the municipality is responsible for establishing and maintaining a system of internal controls designed to ensure that the assets of the municipality are protected from loss, theft or misuse and to ensure that adequate accounting data is compiled to allow for the preparation of annual financial statement in conforming to the Generally Recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP). The internal controls are designed to provide reasonable but not absolute, assurance that fraudulent and irregular transitions will be detected by the controls.
Amongst the functions of Budget and Treasury Office are:
- To continuously ensure an equitable, economical, transparent, fair and value – add supply chain management system/function.
- To maintain an accurate and complete fixed asset register that is compliant with GRAP.
- To ensure spending of capital and operating budget by the end of the financial year.
- To ensure collection of all revenue due to the Municipality.
- To ensure desirable audit opinion and credible financial reporting.
- To prepare a realistic budget in line with the objectives and strategies enshrined in the IDP.
- To ensure effective implementation of the Finance internship programme in line with government job creation initiatives and career development.
- To continuously ensure accurate and complete recording and banking of cash received and investments made.
Contact Chief Financial Officer:
Ms Nomaphelo Boti
Tel: +27 (0)47 553 7007
Contact Secretary to the Chief Financial Officer:
Tel +27 (0)47 553 7034
Contact Budget and Treasury Office accountant:
MR D Mkholokoto
Tel +27 (0)47 553 7009
Contact Deputy Director Supply Chain Management:
Mrs Nosipho Budaza-Mditschwa
Tel +27 (0)47 553 7058